Friday, May 7, 2010

Kiddie Confusion Part II

I remember the first time I went on a ferry. I was about eight, and my family was on a road trip to Lake Powell. I kept hearing my parents talking about how we needed to take the ferry and I was really excited.

I kept thinking to myself, "We're going on a fairy?! What is this thing? What is it going to look like?" While I knew that fairies did not really exist in true life, I had imagined that we were going to travel on a man-made fairy...an imitation fairy, if you will. I kept imagining what it was going to look like. In my mind, I pictured a beautiful, sparkly contraption with wings. I was bubbling with excitement, thinking we were about to embark on something very magical.

Imagine my bitter disappointment when we boarded an ordinary, flat boat. The ferry was definitely not as pretty as the fairy I had pictured.

No comments:

Post a Comment